Thursday, January 8, 2009

My vacation in the UAE ~ Part 2

Day 2 (tuesday 9/12/08)

In the morning my uncle brought my brother and I to Khalidiya Corniche for a stroll. We got some drinks while admiring the scenery. After that, we went to Hamdan Centre where a lot of low priced goods and souvenirs are available. I bought some key chains and fridge magnets for souvenirs back home but regrettably I haven't bought enough.. At night, my uncle took me and my brother for a walk on the streets of Khalidiya to check out the scenery and stores at the streets. Then we were treated with shawarma (a kind of food, like kebab) and I must say, it was the most delicious shawarma I’ve ever tasted! Especially the one with lamb meat coz they added a kind of sauce like laban (yogurt) that tasted out of this
world! That become an instant favourite and I recommend anyone who goes to Khalidiya, Abu Dhabi, should definitely check this shawarma out.

In front of the corniche overlooking Khalidiya street



Day 3 (wednesday 10/12/08)

Haven’t done much during the day cause we were waiting for my mother and sister to arrive from Malaysia today. They arrived later than me and my bro cause of some problem with my mom's passport. But that have been taken care of so today they are coming here.. can't wait!


Day 4 (thursday 11/12/08)

My uncle rented a van to accomodate my family cause his car is not enough to carry all of us. That day we all went to Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre to look for jubah and other goods. We went to one of the clothing shops there and the selection of jubah were varied and beautiful. At first, i did not intend to buy any jubah coz they are quite expensive, but after being persuaded my my mom and uncle, i finally gave in and bought this black jubah with beaded sequins at the middle front and on the sleeve end. It was nice but I have no idea when to wear this besides during hari raya coz it's a bit flashy for everyday wear hehe.. well, what to do.. it's not everyday you can buy something from the other side of the world isn't it? my mom also bought one.. and so does my bro who also bought one for his officemate. Then, we went into a perfume shop. they offer a lot of alcohol free perfumes that imitates popular scents like bulgari, burberry, mademoiselle coco and etc. there were also an array of perfume bottles to choose from, from the very simple to the more expensive ones according to your budget. We looked at a few more shops before heading back home.















0 comments: